Friday, January 23, 2009

Never Forget Ever!

All right, before I get down to anything today, first things first...



So now why did I present that to you? Well... because it's Mike Gravel unflinchingly staring into a camera for a minute and then throwing a single rock into a lake. That's one reason, but more importantly to make a point about how our media is just as disposable as our crappy sweat shop shoes we all wear... or some dumb pretentious crap like that. But finally, and most importantly, I'd forgotten about it completely as in the months since I'd last seen it, like I just said, our media consumption is so disposable that it had sank entirely into the obscurity sector of YouTube. The question is why... I mean, this video is perfect. Man stares at camera. Man throws rock. Man walks away. That's it. That's perfection.

Screw it. You guys just don't get it! It's FREAKING PERFECT.

But what I really meant to say is that what I really meant to do yesterday is introduce this silly blog project yesterday. Since I was all up in arms about the crappy TV I force myself to watch, I didn't really get around to it. Like I was saying yesterday I used to do this a lot. Actually I used to write a lot in general. I wrote about everything everywhere on everything. And I think that was good because I stopped for a long time and then I turned into a slobbering goon who was too lazy to wipe his chin, so then the slobber got everywhere and all my stuff started getting that weird "inside of a dude's mouth smell" on it, and that's just gross and I hate bad smells. So my New Year's resolution was to write more and play more music... I just started on both of those like two days ago. Going great right? I'm pretty sure now that since I've officially declared those two things as "New Years resolutions" that they're pretty much doomed to failure. Aww man...

The only reason I finally got off my ass and started doing this again is because I recently started reading Brendan Kelly's blog and the dude manages to write like four pages a day. That sum'bitch has a baby, some crappy job he's always ranting about that it sound like he spends more time at then I do mine, and a band that spends months at a time on the road, and did I mention a freakin' baby?! And the guy still manages to put down that much material. I thought, "Well screw this guy. I can do that." It's just too bad no one will read mine because my band isn't as popular is his, and his isn't even popular, like at all. But that's cool. I mean as long as I'm doing it, I think that's good enough.

And now you're wondering, "why in the hell was that so much more boring and uneventful than the last one?" Well, because in all honesty, that took too much work! Now I know why cable news sucks so bad... fact checking is too hard. But fear not, I've got lots of stuff that I hope will be entertaining on deck... things you could be doing with your food that you're not, social faux paus in the world of online gaming, adventures in retail, and I guess once in a while I'll make an effort to keep irresponsible media moguls in check.

Later dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment