Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Six Letter Word is KAREBARESTAIR

Well the gods are none too happy about me bitching about how much I hate winter so they've swooped in with something we here in the Midwest refer to as "the White Death". Apparently it snowed about five inches last night and I, having the day off today, didn't really notice until about 4:00 or 5:00 PM... by which time the freezing rain was coming down and now five hours later has still not stopped. Well shoot. I don't really have any food in my house and it looks like no one is going anywhere for a while. And of course, keeping my lazy ass in bed all day meant I didn't grap provisions. But I had this bowl of pulled pork which means I have an excuse to eat stuff with barbecue sauce for every meal for like three days, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But back to the white death, this instills an age old tradition in which everyone's work and school gets cancelled the night before so you buy a bunch of beer and drink till you can't feel the cold no more. So I really didn't have a plan or what today's blog was going to be about, but I knew I had to get it done before all that got too serious.

What I would like to talk to you about though is Malcolm McDowell. I mean, is this guy supposed to play the archetypical supervillain, man with the evil plan pulling the strings type guy in everything? I mean, you just kind of look at him and you say, "Yeah, that dude knows what the fuck is up... and it's nothing good."

For example here are all the McDowell roles I know of off the top of my head, at a glance...

Exhibit A - "Heroes" - Mr. Linderman - Character's role: "That dude knows what the fuck is up... and it's nothing good."



Exhibit B - "Some Shitty Movie my Roommate Found on Premium Cable (And the Inspiration for this Blog" - Bad Guy Who Lives in Olden Times Even Though it's Post Apocalyptic Today Times - Character's role: "That dude knows what the fuck is up... and it's nothing good."



Exhibit C - "Metalocalypse" - Vater Orlaag - Character's role: "That dude knows what the fuck is up... and it's nothing good."

Exhibit D - "A Clockwork Orange" - Alex - Character's role: "That dude knows what the fuck is up... and it's nothing good." ...I mean sort of.

Well, that's really all I got. I don't know about you, but if you ask me and this quickly emptying case of Keystone in my fridge I think that's game set and match for a case of typecasting. Boom!

The other point is that movie just ended and they played that crappy song by some band who I think is named Kasabian where the base line is like, "doomba-da-doomb" and then the vocals respond the same with "ahh- ahh- ah -ahhh- ah ah!" and everyone uses it for their crappy action sequence now-a-days. So the crappy movie is over, you now know that a guy from "Metalocalypse" was also the main character in "A Clockwork Orange", and it's only like 11:45 so I've got a lot more beer to take care of before the days out.

Oh and thanks to the snow and ice our satlite reception (that's right, who the hell gets satelite in the middle of the city?) is failing on us. Don't ever get satelite TV... Which reminds me, who on Earth convinced us that "digital" is synonmous with "better picture, better sound!"? That's for another day I guess...

Later dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment